Choosing the right auto insurance
Whatever you drive, you have a lot riding on those wheels. It’s your family and your peace of mind. Choosing the right auto insurance can help protect you from the risks associated with the road.
Our auto policy can cover:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Injuries caused by uninsured/underinsured motorists
- Medical payments
- Comprehensive damage from events like fire and theft
- Collisions with other vehicles or objects
You can also add our extended transportation expense coverage, repair or replacement collision coverage, towing and labor charges coverage, auto death indemnity, auto loan and lease protection and more.
Car insurance coverage basics
There is a lot to know about auto insurance in order to fully understand what you’re paying for. The following information provides a quick education to help you navigate the twists, turns and choices involved in buying auto insurance.
Auto insurance includes three broad coverage categories designed to protect you from financial loss if you have an accident:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Within the three broad coverage categories listed above, an auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist
- Damage to your auto
- Personal injury protection (No Fault)
- Additional Optional Coverage